Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#6961169 Nov 09, 2012 at 07:42 PM
Junior Officer
58 Posts
So here we go into Season 2! Woohoo! So just an idea I'd like to discuss.

So season 2, I was thinking a small time jump. Like three months or so. I think it would be nice story-wise. The Toddman incident for all intents and such is wrapped up like a big season finale. It would make the oncoming battles and war and such a bit heavier when we can look back at the peace we had made temporarily.

There is alot of things that could be hand waved away here or there too that need to happen but the RP for them would be boring or tedious.

Just an idea I would like to put out there.
+0
#6961195 Nov 09, 2012 at 07:56 PM
Adjutant
242 Posts
Season two events will be announced very, very shortly.... 8)
**********
C.P.O Charlie Scott
Chief of Operations
Starbase 381

**********
+0
#6961224 Nov 09, 2012 at 08:05 PM
Junior Officer
58 Posts
Hive mind is grand like that
+0
#6961298 Nov 09, 2012 at 08:33 PM
Vice Commander
282 Posts
#6961169 Rhys Llywarch wrote:

So here we go into Season 2! Woohoo! So just an idea I'd like to discuss.

So season 2, I was thinking a small time jump. Like three months or so. I think it would be nice story-wise. The Toddman incident for all intents and such is wrapped up like a big season finale. It would make the oncoming battles and war and such a bit heavier when we can look back at the peace we had made temporarily.

There is alot of things that could be hand waved away here or there too that need to happen but the RP for them would be boring or tedious.

Just an idea I would like to put out there.



I'm totally cool with this, btw. However, I'd like to confirm first of all - will Season 7 take STO from 2409 to 2410? If yes - then some nebulous, intra-seasonal time jump is more than over due, and a complete no-brainer.

If we're still shoe-horned into 2409? Hrm... Not sure. I'm very ok with referring to time in a blurry way, especially since it has been 2409 for what... 3 yrs in real life?

Pondering!!! Open to pros and cons!
***
Lt. (jg) Praka Berel
Tactical Flight Operations, Starbase 381
26th Fleet
+0
#6961300 Nov 09, 2012 at 08:34 PM
Officer
78 Posts
I will be throwing the 26th into the fray as well when I launch my campaign.

... a little hint, a new race, Vulcan/Romulan turmoil... and The Borg.

Was going to launch it earlier but with the addition of the Romulan
planet and the other goodies season 7 is bringing I felt it would be
better suited to wait till all of that took off.
Dr. Nya Sarvok
Chief Medical Officer
SB381 - Praetorian
+0
#6961328 Nov 09, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Junior Officer
58 Posts
Ive been playing 2412 for abit. Dont know about everyone else
+0
#6961427 Nov 09, 2012 at 09:31 PM
Vice Commander
282 Posts
#6961300 Dr. Nya Sarvok wrote:

I will be throwing the 26th into the fray as well when I launch my campaign.

... a little hint, a new race, Vulcan/Romulan turmoil... and The Borg.

Was going to launch it earlier but with the addition of the Romulan
planet and the other goodies season 7 is bringing I felt it would be
better suited to wait till all of that took off.



Nya - Did we pull you into Story Council?
***
Lt. (jg) Praka Berel
Tactical Flight Operations, Starbase 381
26th Fleet
+0
#6961770 Nov 09, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Adjutant
242 Posts
#6961427 Praka Berel wrote:

#6961300 Dr. Nya Sarvok wrote:

I will be throwing the 26th into the fray as well when I launch my campaign.

... a little hint, a new race, Vulcan/Romulan turmoil... and The Borg.

Was going to launch it earlier but with the addition of the Romulan
planet and the other goodies season 7 is bringing I felt it would be
better suited to wait till all of that took off.



Nya - Did we pull you into Story Council?


That would be a negatory. We need to fix that.
**********
C.P.O Charlie Scott
Chief of Operations
Starbase 381

**********
+0
#6961874 Nov 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Junior Officer
124 Posts
I've been pretty guarded abou what year it is for the Star Trek universe. I just go by the stardates. That way, it's whatever year you want it to be.
+1
#6962627 Nov 10, 2012 at 07:42 AM
Vice Commander
282 Posts
#6961874 Matt Jerrickson wrote:

I've been pretty guarded abou what year it is for the Star Trek universe. I just go by the stardates. That way, it's whatever year you want it to be.



This.

I say that being one of those obsessive-about-details-type-people. In STO, it sort of just has to work this way. In another RP fleet, last year, our crew-based RP groups were RPing in the year 2415. Personally, I was ok with that. There was every opportunity to bridge from 2409 through 6 years or for character background. What really upset some people was making a 1-year jump between seasons. Another issue was engaging new players - it was really a big factor for our RP that we 'thought' it was 2415 - this was sometimes incompatible with those shopping for a new RP Fleet... for some reason.

***
Lt. (jg) Praka Berel
Tactical Flight Operations, Starbase 381
26th Fleet
+0
#6962769 Nov 10, 2012 at 08:38 AM
Junior Officer
58 Posts
Nebulous date does indeed work best. But how about my idea? Little time jump between seasons.
+0
#6962837 Nov 10, 2012 at 08:56 AM
Adjutant
242 Posts
Time jumps work great for action oriented scenes and stories, but character development suffers. How else is Dr. Nya supposed to get closer to Bishop? What about Ill'issin's integration into the base, etc.
**********
C.P.O Charlie Scott
Chief of Operations
Starbase 381

**********
+0
#6964654 Nov 10, 2012 at 06:45 PM
Junior Officer
124 Posts
We could just go with the time being January 1, 2410 when it's January 1, 2013. I'm not opposed to a time jump, but as in SWG, until Cryptic and CBS say it's another year, we're always going to have those purists who insist the year never changes.

That's why I usually just go by stardates. Yes, there are different interpretations of the exact date of what they are, but ultimately it doesn't really matter.
+0
Page 1